Prof. J Zhu, Director of Particle Technology Research Centre at the University of Western Ontario (UWO), has partnered with Entropex, the 7th largest plastic recycling and reprocessing company, to improve the utilization of recycled plastics.
Dr. Zhu is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with experience in analysis and processing to assist in plastic property modification and quality improvement. The position will be located within the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering at UWO in London Ontario, but will need to visit Entropex facilities in Sarnia, Ontario, from time to time.
Tasks may include:
- Measuring polymer properties (rheological, mechanical, and thermal) of polymers
- Rheological property modification ( MFI adjustment) through blending or chemical modification
- tatistical analysis of lab results and process
- Reporting of conclusions and recommendations
- Background in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science and Engineering.
- Experience in polymeric materials science and engineering, with experience in PP (desired), PET, and PE.
- Hands-on experience in chemical experiment set-up, chemicals/materials handling, and property modification/characterization.
- Priority will be given to those having skills and experience in plastic rheology modification and rheological data analysis.
- Excellent communication and data analysis skills
- Working knowledge of standard software tools
- The candidate must be self-directed and able to work well in a team environment, both in lab and in industrial facility.
Interested candidates should submit their Word format resume to with the subject line heading PDF-Recycling.
Please provide 3 names to whom we can contact for references.
UWO wishes to thank all prospective applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We would appreciate it if you would please mention ChemSeer when applying for this job